Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pumpkin Oh Pumpkin

Hello there bloggies!

I hope you are having a great week and enjoying the last weeks of Fall.  Did you have a nice Halloween?  Did you eat way too much candy??  Carve pumpkins?  We did a bit of all of the above!  We carved some awesome pumpkins.


We usually are just the kind of people who wing it with the pumpkin carving, but this year we decided to be fancy and try out the template thing.  While it was work....I am not going to lie, the end result was worth it.  Next year I may not pick one with so many curves.  That or I may look up better ways on carving those curves out. 

Then as all good pumpkin carvers should, we toasted up our pumpkin seed.  Yummy!  This is one of my favorite things to do after carving pumpkins.  There's actually a pumpkin on the porch that has been unscathed due to Arabelle painting it.  I am tempted to break into that baby and steal those seed. 

And keeping with the fancy theme for the year we weren't to just have plain jane pumpkin seeds.  Oh no.  We spiced these babies up.  I tossed them in olive oil and salt and roasted them in the oven in three batches.  The first was plain for tradition sake.  The second was smothered in cayenne pepper.  And the final batch was covered in pumpkin pie spice.  They were so yummy and smelled so good. 

Mmmm....I have to go.  I hear that pumpkin calling me...I think it's asking me to please remove it's seeds!

1 comment:

  1. Yum, yum, yum! We don't have the traditional pumpkins over here but maybe I can try toasting up some of the seeds we do have. They look so good!!!

    ReplyDelete