Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Smoothies!

Good morning bloggies!
The last couple of weeks Big Daddy and I have been making smoothies also called by some green monsters every morning.  Oh they are yummy! We have been trying all kinds of things, but they almost always include veggies too and flax seed.  Did you know in three tablespoons of flax seed there are 7g of fiber and 6g of protein???  That's a lot!  We been mixing it up with strawberries, bananas, plums, spinach, oatmeal, flax, cantaloupe, peanut butter, cocoa powder, and one of the best ones was mixed with avocado.  So good.  Actually the avocado one was amazing.  We weren't so sure at first, but had an avocado that needed to go, so we just tossed it in. With a little pure maple syrup and peanut butter and some fruit it was awesome.  It had a pudding like texture.  Oh so good.  The best thing is that they keep me so full!  My body is notorious for having major sugar lows and crashes around lunch or in the afternoon.  Sometimes with my work lunch can get pushed off and it can be late before I get to eat. Which can lead to me being shaky and starving and then wanting to eat eating everything in sight.  I am sure none of you have ever done this.  Never....Anyways.  These smoothies have rocked my world as far as being sustaining.  I love it! I am wondering if I will love them as much once it cools down from 100 degrees outside.  

How about you all??  Ever tried a smoothie or green monster?  If so what do you mix up?

0 comments:

Post a Comment