Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Book Love


Good morning bloggies!

I haven't written about any books lately and boy do I have a good one to share.  I just read Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathon Safran Foer.  Wow, what do I say about this book.  Can something be both incredibly sad and incredibly beautiful at the same time?  I would say yes because this book accomplishes it.  It approaches a topic that is near to most of our hearts here in America, September 11th.  It follows the 9 year old main character around as he deals with his grief in only a way a child can, with extremes.  The way the book is written has a certain flow that draws you in and captures your heart right up to the end.  While the book is heart wrenching, you will love it for everything that it is.  I will say that lots of reviews I read people said they cried and cried.  I actually for once didn't sob. I started to tear up a  little, but I was able to contain myself.  I did have a sense that the book was going to really make me cry and break my heart, but it didn't and maybe I only felt that way due to the reviews I read.  

So there you have it.  Go get it and read it now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment