Sunday, October 16, 2011

Fancy Meeting You Here...

Good morning bloggies!

It's been a busy week back to work, back to the real world.  Work was well, work and my girl got sick with a sinus infection.  So my time for this little blog hasn't been much. 

We are in full fall mode here in Indiana.  It is beautiful.  I seem to always forget just how amazed I am by the beauty of fall.  The leaves in all of their glory.  I find myself overwhelmingly in awe of God's glory and beauty.  What an amazing God to make such unique items in our lives to remind us of his glory. 

In this time, I am reminded that we are called to share God's story and truth to the ends of the earth.  We are to be so full of the Holy Spirit that people can't help but see God in us. 

In Acts 8, Phillip is sent to the South towards Gaza where he meets an Ethiopian man who is reading the Bible.  When Phillip asks him if he knows what he is reading, the man responds "How can I, unless someone guides me?" (Acts 8:31)  When I read this over the past week, I couldn't help but pause and think about my life.  How am I guiding others?  How often do we discount someone as being someone who is beyond our ability to witness to?  The truth is everyone is beyond our ability.  On our own apart from God we are just thought, apart from God and helpless.  With God, no one is too far from his grasp.  And the truth is maybe when someone says they don't believe in God it's just that they don't know God.  And again how can they unless someone guides them?  And no one's failings are too bad or too sinful for God to forgive.  His mercy is endless and has know bounds for those who love him and believe in his son.  Look at Paul, once Saul the persecutor of Christians.  God used him in amazing and wonderful ways.  And I believe without his failings his story wouldn't have been nearly as great. 

Don't be afraid to step out into what you are called bloggies.  God will give you strength and wisdom beyond what you can imagine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment