Monday, October 10, 2011

Time Out

I sent myself to time out tonight.  That's right.  The kids were yelling, Ryan was gone, the house was a mess....I went to time out.  I felt myself crumbling a little.  And no one wants a crumbly mom. 

Some days it's all I can do to make it through the day.  Thankfully those days are rare, but they happen.  Some days a glass of wine sounds way better than it probably should. 
Some days I feel I might pull my hair out. 

Some days my girl snuggles up next to me and falls asleep and my heart melts.  I forget all about pulling my hair out. 
Some days my little man looks up and and says "Wuv You" and I start to cry because he can talk and I understand him, which means time is passing and it shouldn't do that.

Some days I worry too much about my dirty house and wonder what happened to the time. 

Some days I play with my babies and forget all about the house I am in...clean or dirty.

I love those kids more than words can describe.  Even when I wonder if I can ship them off...not that I have ever thought that.  Maybe I have...once...or twice.  They are a blessing I couldn't have imagined for myself.   They are teaching me how to be a stronger person and through them I am learning to be a better Christian.  I am learning more about God and His love for us.  I pray that continues and I can adequately teach my children that love.  I hope they see the Holy Spirit in me, working. 

Have a nice night bloggies!

0 comments:

Post a Comment