Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Coconut Curry Chicken

Yesterday I did something I am quite proud of.  Actually a few things I am quite proud of.  First and foremost, I just up and made a meal without a recipe.  I am generally a pretty strict recipe follower, unless it's something I have made a million times and I have it fairly committed to memory.  Now, I do adjust recipes here and there and do my own thing, but generally speaking I am a recipe girl.  The second thing I did that I am proud of was I didn't plan on making this meal, I just looked in the cabinets and thought oh all of this randomness can make something.  I am quite proud of myself.  I know...it doesn't take much.  But voila, I ended up with a yummy recipe that was husband approved and thought I would share.

Try not to judge my picture taking abilities...this was with my phone...not so fabulous
.
So here is the recipe give it a whirl if you'd like. 

Coconut Curry Chicken
1 lb chicken breasts cut into thin strips
2 cups broccoli
3/4 cup onion diced
3/4 cup green bell pepper diced
3/4 cup carrots diced
14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
13.5 ounces of coconut milk
2 cloves of garlic minced or pressed
2 tbsp. of curry powder
1 tsp. turmeric
3 tbsp. coconut oil

1. Melt a tablespoon or two of the coconut oil in a pan.  I used my dutch oven.
2. Toss in those veggies and saute those puppies up.  I did the broccoli last so it wouldn't get too mushy. Then remove veggies to a separate bowl.
3. Melt up the rest of that coconut oil and toss in your chicken and cook thoroughly .
4.  Add your curry and turmeric to the chicken and stir until the chicken is coated.
5. Add your veggies back, coconut milk and tomatoes, 
6. Stir to combine and cook until heated all the way through.

** Note I am trying to not add salt to my food so this was pretty much saltless.  I added a little salt to the chicken.  A little salt would have probably helped. 

Enjoy bloggies!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment